Hi everyone,
I'd like support/advice from people who have experience with incision care on their dog, especially in slow-to-heal places like the "armpit", etc.
Our girl had revision surgery (taking bigger margins) on a site where a grade 1 soft cell sarcoma was discovered. She has been deemed cancer free! However, she popped one stitch and they decided to leave it open so it can drain/heal. It looks ghastly and scary to us, but they keep telling us it will just take awhile to heal. I trust the vet center she's being seen at (highly rated research hospital at a university), but this is just such new ground for us.
I can post pictures, if requested.
Thank you so much!
I'd like support/advice from people who have experience with incision care on their dog, especially in slow-to-heal places like the "armpit", etc.
Our girl had revision surgery (taking bigger margins) on a site where a grade 1 soft cell sarcoma was discovered. She has been deemed cancer free! However, she popped one stitch and they decided to leave it open so it can drain/heal. It looks ghastly and scary to us, but they keep telling us it will just take awhile to heal. I trust the vet center she's being seen at (highly rated research hospital at a university), but this is just such new ground for us.
I can post pictures, if requested.
Thank you so much!
Surgical Incision Healing Woes
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire